Yellow Bird Services offers efficient HVAC and Solar energy equipment and services to the Southern New Mexico Market. The Yellow Bird team focuses on creating lasting solutions to increase home comfort and reduce wasted energy, money, and time, paving the way to a brighter future for all. We are a fast-growing company with 2021 revenue to approach 15 million.
We are looking for a Controller to develop accounting policies and oversee all financial procedures of our company. As a Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage accounting transactions. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with risk management. Ultimately, you’ll make sure we comply with accounting regulations, maximize profits and mitigate risks.
- Document, monitor and update accounting policies
- Ensure all payments are completed on time (including accounts payable and bank deposits)
- Review quarterly and annual budgets for all departments
- Process payroll, monthly and quarterly payroll reports
- Analyze costs and profits
- Set and track financial KPIs
- Report on financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems
- Perform internal audits and assist with external audits
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations
- You will have one bookkeeper report directly to you.
- You will be required to interface with department heads for job costing and task related pay.
- You will be required to review and report on weekly profitability with the department heads.
- Work experience as a Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- BSc or MSc in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $96,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year